This guidelines emphasize that people need to get more nutrition out of every bite, as most of us need to cut the number of calories consumed to achieve a healthier weight. Even though that Mediterranean Diet contains by itself all those foods that makes nutrition “ ad hock” healthier and fit body.
Recommendations include eating foods containing more fiber, potassium, calcium and vitamin D while slashing sodium, saturated fat and added sugars.
Here are eight reasons why Our Greek pistachios are the perfect snack to help meet the new Dietary Guidelines of Mediterranean Diet :
- Pistachios are Nutrient Rich: Pistachios provide more than 30 nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, fiber and other phytonutrients, making them naturally nutritious.
- Greek Pistachios Can Help & Reduce Saturated Fat: With 14,7 grams of unsaturated fats and only 1,98 grams of saturated fat per serving(30 grms), Greek pistachios are the richest sources of unsaturated fats among nuts. That’s why they have the sweetest taste of every other pistachios in the world.
- Pistachios Provide Potassium: Pistachios provide about 310mg of potassium per 30g serving (about 1 ounce), 8 percent of the DV.
- Pistachios are Protein Packed: Pistachios provide six grams of protein per 30g serving — similar to the amount you’d find in an egg.
- Pistachios are Fiber-full: A serving of pistachios has three grams of fiber, making them one of the best nut sources of this shortfall nutrient.
- Pistachios are not Sodium-Rich: Even if you like roasted and salted Greek pistachios, you can rest assured that you can eat in-shell pistachios and still meet your sodium limits. A serving provides just 7 percent of the DV for sodium.
- Pistachios are the Skinny Nut: Because of their fiber, fat, and protein content, pistachios are also considered to be a satiating snack. All nuts, however, are not created equal.
Pistachios are one of the lowest calorie, lowest fat nuts and offer more nuts per serving compared to any other snack nut. Research shows that as one of the only in-shell snack nuts, pistachios help slow consumption and the empty shells offer a visual cue, reducing calorie intake. This effect is known as “The Pistachio Principle.”
Pistachios of our Cooperative “Kelyfoto Fistiki Molou-Thermopyles” in Central Greece, are certified by 4 certifications (AGRO 2.1 & 2.2, GLOBALGAP, ISO:22000/2005 and P.D.O. : Protected Designation of Origin for European Union), plus chemical analysis of 550 pesticides and 4 aflatoxins for every lot number to prove the absence of the above. So every consumer can be absolutely sure about the pistachio he and his family enjoy.